April 14, 2016 Luncheon
The Moore County Republican Men's Club held their April luncheon meeting at the Country Club of NC (CCNC) in Pinehurst beginning at 11:30 A.M. Jim Lexo, Club President, presided. This meeting went long and the program continued through the lunch service due to the number of featured speakers and the length of their presentations:
● Kay Wildt, President - Moore Republican Women, spoke on an upcoming educational event about political Islam presented by Bill Warner.
● William Loeser, President - Moore County Shrine Club, first spoke on his candidacy for a seat on the Moore County Soil & Water Board and then spoke on an upcoming fundraiser for the Shriners Childrens Hospital.
● Chris Carter, Chief of Staff - Richard Hudson Campaign, spoke about Richard Hudsons re-election campaign to the new NC Second Congressional District.
● Michael Cotten, Branch Director - Sandhills Food Bank, informed the audience about the Food Bank and its operations.
March 10, 2016 Luncheon
The Moore County Republican Men's Club held their March luncheon at the Country Club of North Carolina in Pinehurst beginning at 11:30 A.M. Jim Lexo, Club President, presided. Louis Gregory and Tom Beddow introduced the featured speakers who were (in the order they spoke):
● Buck Newton, Candidate for NC Attorney General
● Jim O'Neill, Candidate for NC Attorney General
● Cleta Mitchell, Partner, Foley & Lardner LLP
This video is of the entire proceedings.
February 11, 2016 Luncheon
The Moore County Republican Men's Club held their February luncheon at the Country Club of NC (CCNC) in Pinehurst, NC. Club President, Jim Lexo, presided. The following were featured speakers in the order in which they appear:
● Glenda Clendenin, Director - Moore County Board of Elections, covered new laws, regulations, policies, and procedures related to the upcoming May 15 primary elections.
She also touched on the status and implications of current and pending court decisions related to Voter ID and NC Re-districting.
● John Zumwalt, Candidate for election to the NC State Legislature Representative from NC District 52
● Jamie Boles, Incumbent candidate for re-election to the NC State Legislature from NC District 52